Call for Applications
The Universidad Autónoma de Yucatán (UADY) calls for young women to participate in the third edition of The Innovation Academy for Women of the Americas (“The Academy”) 2018, which will take place in Mérida, Yucatán, Mexico.
In this edition, the Academy will offer its participants an intensive international education program, which will be centered on the development of skills for research, project management, networking, and soft skills of leadership, innovation and entrepreneurship with academic credits available. The central topic this edition is SUSTAINABLE ENVIRONMENTS, addressing it from the context of the STATE OF YUCATAN. Participants will work together as a team and across disciplines on a real-life project, gaining real-life, hands-on, and globally relevant experience.
UNM will award five (5) postgraduate
“Amigo Scholarships” to the most outstanding participants from Mexico.
Dates: June 2-29, 2018
Location: UADY in Mérida, Yucatán, Mexico
Cost: $1,600 USD, due no later than May 11, 2018. Cost includes housing, meals, instruction, and workshops, use of the university facilities, land transportation, and diplomas. No included in the cost: migratory fees, airfare, medical insurance, and personal expenses.
Scholarships: Partial scholarships will be available based on economic need. This should be indicated in the institutional letter of nomination.
- Undergraduate women, with minimum 50% credits completed in a program focused in STEM+A.
- A minimum GPA of 8.0/10 or 3.0/4.0
- English minimum of B2 (CFF) for Spanish-speakers and Spanish minimum of B2 (CEF) for English speakers.
- Register by clicking here
- Send a single PDF by email to: email@example.com with all of the following:
- Copy of Passport or INE for Mexican participants
- Curriculum Vitae (1 page max)
- Personal essay in English presenting your interest and motivation to participate (no more than 4 pages, double-spaced, 12 point font, Times New Roman). The essay should include information about what you hope to achieve through your participation in The Academy III and a brief description of your plans for the future in the next five years.
- A letter of recommendation (English or Spanish) from a professor or researcher at your institution and in your program of study supporting your nomination. Recommendations should include information about your personal qualities and potential as a researcher.
- An institutional letter of nomination. The letter should certify your GPA and approved credits. If the home institution is planning on giving academic credit for participation in The Academy, the necessary institutional requirements should be stated. The letter should also address your economic situation, which will be taken into consideration for scholarships.
- Language proficiency certification (ex: official TOEFL or equivalent documentation) or an institutional document stating your language abilities.
Incomplete applications will not be accepted
Deadline: April 10, 2018
The results are final and will be published on this website two weeks after the closing date.